Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"SEW" Dang Cute!

There's a new feature on the Bo Bunny Blog that debuted today. It is called "Sew" Dang Cute and you guessed it! It is all about sewing on your projects.

For the new feature I created this layout of my little Frances. I guess I have to stop calling her my little Frances because she is such a big girl now and she will have a little sister in just 6 weeks! I cannot believe where the time went or that I will have two little girls soon!

So this layout is a glimpse into my everyday life. I am sure all you moms of two year olds can relate! It is chaos everyday, but I love every minute of it. I swear I turn my back for one second and toys and clothes are everywhere. But how can you resist this cute face!!!


All the paper and accents are from the Whoo-ligans line. I love it the colors and cute little monsters on this line. And it is perfect for non-halloween layouts too!

I used hand stitching, machine stitching and faux stitching on this layout. My fingers were a little sore , but it was worth it!

Here I hand stitched around the little monsters I cut from one of the
patterned papers. I used lines already on the paper
as my guide and peirced holes with a paper piercer before stitching with embroidery floss.

Along the borders of the center papers I pierced holes
and then hand stitched around them. Then I added some faux
stitching with my black Tombow pen.

Then I added some black lines under my journaling with
the sewing machine. This part was quick!

I hope you are inspired to sew on your layouts now! And don't miss the other girl's layouts. They have some great sewing projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment