Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quick Hair Clips and party favors!

EEEKKKK! And not because Halloween is coming before I know it! I can't believe it has been so so so long since I last updated this blog! Time has gotten away from me and I have to admit I have not created any projects in weeks!

At last things are finally starting to settle down and I created three layouts and two cards this last weekend. It felt good to break out my paper trimmer and punches again- hehe! I will share these projects with you soon, I promise!

So today I have some quick (very quick) hairclips I created with some of my leftover supplies. I cleaned out my scraproom and had a box of stuff waiting to be donated. Before dropping it off I thought- can I do anything with this? And so these clips were born. I made clips like this before with flowers and brads, but I am loving how the cute little felties look!


I used some plain metal clips I bought at Hobby Lobby. The ribbon is left over scraps of Bo Bunny ribbon and the embellishments American Crafts Flair. To create them trim the ribbon just slightly larger than the top of the metal clip. Apply a thin line of strong liquid adhesive (I used Beacon 3 in 1) to the back of the ribbon. Then adhere the ribbon to the metal clip folding the left over edges down underneath the clip. Then you can decorate the clips with more folded ribbon and the flair using the liquid adhesive.

To make cute party favors add a clip to a cellophane bag filled with candy and tie with a twist tie. Glue a paper flower to the front.



Thanks for coming by!

2 comments:

  1. If that isn't abundant to accomplish your arch swim, my DH gives our son his ring to acquisition it had not been re-sized or at atomic not much, if any. The ring was to be taken down bisected a size.

    ballet costumes

    ReplyDelete