Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's Reveal Day!

Happy August!

I looked at the calendar today and I was SHOCKED to see it was August. Where did the summer go? The weather here has been so cool. I only used my pool pass once this whole summer. So unless I want that to be a $50.00 trip to the pool by my calculations I have to go 6 more times before summer ends. Ohhhh Frances, care to go swimming today?

The 1st is reveal day at A Walk Down Memory Lane and Butterfly Crafts. I also finished my last July LO for Scrap That.

My AWDML reveal:

I used some October Afternoon Cherry Hill papers for these photos of Frances at the arboretum. She loves being outside. She is becoming a little nature girl and I couldn't be happier about that.


I love this Basic Grey June Bug paper! It is so fun. This dog paper was perfect for photos of our wiener dog Kody givin her kisses. He loves to "kiss" her. Everytime my back is turned I find him laying one on her. She even sticks out her tongue when he walks by. I guess she thinks she's a doggie too!

And I made this cute little card using Daisy Bucket My Little Monsters collection. Daisy Bucket is the featured manufacturer this month at AWDML so all products are at least 15% off.

My Scrap That LO:

I think this is my new favorite LO. I usually do "cute" pages so I tried really hard to try to make this one pretty. I am really happy with the way it turned out. The photo does not even do it justice. It is so much prettier in real life.



Butterfly Crafts Reveal:

The new challenge is to create a LO about a favourite food or drink. I chose my favorite drink Chai tea. I LOVE it. Hot, iced, as a latte or frap, it is my favorite drink. I would buy a Starbucks Chai Latte everyday if funds were unlimited! But at 5 dollars a cup I would rather save my money for more scrapbooking supplies and buy some tea bags at Jewel (hehehe).

I used my July kit from Scrapbook Circle for this LO. I thought it would be fun to put the wrapper from the tea bag on the page so I ripped the front and put it on. Now my whole page smells like a cup of chai too. Hmmm, that could be a new scrapbooking trend- pages that are scented! I also cut out that cute little tea cup and made my own little tea bag to hand off the side.
I also tried to play around with photoshop and blur out my background. For my first try it didn't turn out that bad! Now to try that technique with
people!



If you want to play along with this challenge upload your LO's to the gallery, leave us a link in the comments of the Butterfly Crafts blog or e-mail them to Butterflycrafts1@aol.com by August 30th to be in with a chance of becoming the September guest designer and winning a gorgeous ribbon Kit from the August Sponsor Angel Crafts. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, your work has wowed me again! These are fantastic! I especially love your cup of tea layout and that cute little card! I've left an award for you on my blog if you want to go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete