Thursday, January 27, 2011

***Snow, snow, snow***

It is always snowing here. Everyday it snows. It sure looks pretty today, but I am getting a little tired of being inside all day! Poor Frances always wants to go out, but Isabel is still just a little too young to spend the day outside making snowmen and throwing snowballs. So inside we stay.

A few weeks ago Grandma came over and Frances and I were able to spend a few hours outside. She loves the snow! And she looks so cute all bundled up. I created this layout for the Bo Bunny blog's "Sew Dang Cute" post. I love these papers, especially the background one, and they looked great with these pictures. I like how the pictures stand out because they don't exactly match the papers.



I used the Bo Bunny Winter Joy Collection and the Cricut W
inter Woodland cartridge to cut my tree and snowman. I hand stitched the snowflake flourishes with embroidery floss and machine stitched around the background paper. To create my letters I used a clear embossing stamp pad to ink up the top of the chipboard, poured some white embossing powder and a little glitter over it, shook off the excess (so the powder just sticks where I used the embossing pad) and then heated it with an embossing  heat tool. Instant snow!

Thanks for stoppying by! ~ Sarah

5 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I love the stitching, the snow on the letters and the use of the Cricut!! And, of course the papers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful double layout. The stitching is great. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great page, if you dont like the snow, send it over here, lol

    ReplyDelete