Saturday, April 30, 2011

Flash Back Friday

Things have gotten a little away from me this week. Posting a flash back Friday post on a Saturday is just one of the many things I am behind on! It always happens when the husband goes out of town, but he's back now and things are back to normal!

Yesterday it was flash back Friday on the Bo Bunny blog. I chose to create a page about my sweet, sweet dear Bacon who passed away last August. We adopted Bacon when he was 5 from dachshund rescue. He cme to us in very poor shape and the worst thing was that his foster mom said he was much better from when they first found him. Him and lots of other dogs were confiscated from a bad breeder and the dachshunds in the bunch were given to the doxie rescue. He was a little guy (just about 7 pounds) and loved to sit in any lap he could find. He had such a cute personality and he would keep us laughing with all his funny behaviors. When he finally passed in August he was almost 18 years old. It's kind of amazing that he lived that long after such a bad start in life. It was our goal to make sure he always had a happy life after having such a bad one for so long so he just may have been the world's most spoiled dachshund!

I used the Bo Bunny Timepiece for this layout and the sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.


I still volunteer for dauschund rescue and unfortunately there are lots more dogs like Bacon who just need someone to love them. You can visit the rescue's site HERE.

You can also see more flash back layouts created using Timepiece on the Bo Bunny blog HERE.

I'll be back Monday with The ScrapRoom blog hop and a little giveaway. Hope to see you then!







2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute!! Love the papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's absolutely wonderful! I can't believe there are people that torture defensless animals! I couldn't imagine doing that to my puppies!

    ReplyDelete