Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'm back!

Hi everyone! I am back from vacation! It was great. I really, really, really wish I was still there. I am back to laundry, dishes, diapers and on and on. No more nightly strolls on the pier and ice cream cones after dinner :(

But..... I did come back to lots of scrappy supplies that will be debuting at CHA this summer! I also had an email in my inbox that a card I submitted to CARDS magazine was accepted for publication! Yay!! I have been sending stuff to magazines for over two years now and nothing. The only thing that was published in print was the layout in the Big Book of Scrapbook Layouts. So to say I have been discouraged is an understatement. Everyone said don't give up so I didn't and yay! My first put with CARDS magazine!

While I was gone the July kit from The ScrapRoom was revealed as well. Today I will show you one of my new fave layouts. It is totally not my style at all, but I like to try new things every once in a while ;) If you know my work then you know I am all about straight lines and lining everything up just so. I love the grid! Circles are so not my friend and they never look right when I try to use them. So... I decided to jump right in and create a layout that is all circles. If you are going to do it then go all the way right?

Here is my finished project using the ScrapRoom's July Double Shot Kit-





Everything is from the kit and embellishment kit except the yellow letters. The photo is of my sweet Frances and I on Mother's Day. Isn't she the sweetest? I chose the title "Two of a Kind" because although she doesn't look like me, we are exactly alike in personality.

Thanks for coming by and I will have more ScrapRoom projects to show in the next few days! Plus next week I show what I have been working on for Nikki Sivils' booth at CHA!! I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful page and congratulations on the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your card being published that is awesome!! Layouts with tons of circles is something that I NEVER try (I just have no confidence that I could pull it off I think LOL) but it's always the first kind that I am in awe over. You did it fantastically!!!! I like to say, "Go big or go home", and you didn't just do it, you hit it out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! I love all the ciclesand especially the pleated flowers!

    ReplyDelete