Tuesday, July 7, 2009

2nd Scrappy Shack LO and a story...

I finished my 2nd LO for the Scrappy Shack last night. I know I have scrapped these pictures before, but what can I say? I LOVE them! Plus my husband was looking at my pages and noticed I didn't scrap any of the pics from that day with him in them. OOPPPPS! I used papers from my Scrapbook Circle July Kit. That kit is awesome. Lots of Early Bird to be had there! The diecuts I used are the cirlce flourish frames. They were really fun to use.

Ok now for the story- thought this was a good time to tell it because I have included pictures of both my husband and I in the photos below! So everyone always says that Frances looks like her daddy (this is where you can be the judge by looking at the photos below). I am a little jealous, but not too much. So anyway, we were at Jewel (a grocery store in the Midwest) and the same older lady was at the register as usual. So we get up to the register and she says Hello, blah, blah, blah as usual. Then she says- "What kind of baby is that?" Hmmm- what, excuse me? HUH? I was thinking in my mind. I don't get offended or angry very easily so I wasn't either. I think I was just kind of confused at first. I've had people ask if she was adopted before, but what kind of baby is she? There were so many things going through my mind- monkey, alien, I am not sure? I thought about messing with her, but then decided against it. So I went with the safe answer. I said, "Oh, she's a girl." Now I knew exactly what she meant when she asked, but I wanted to see what she would say next. She said, "I know she's a girl, but what nationality is she?" So I was nice about it and told her, well I am Italian and my husband is Filipino, etc, etc. My friends and husband still say "What kind of baby is that?" to get me to laugh.

It could be worse I guess, the guy at the park called her a husky little fellow the other day. And she was totally wearing pink. Men! Anyway- on a side note, she had her 6 month check up last week and she is officially off the charts on the weight. That's right she's like the 130th percentile. People always ask me what I am feeding her. I told one person cheesecake. And they were like really? Yes really, I feed my 6 month old daughter cheesecake for dinner. Ummm, no I don't think so. Ok I think I am out of Frances stories for the day. Have a good one!




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Sarah!!! I love those frames and the butterflies. Just wonderful!

    And i'm totally LOLing about feeding your daughter cheesecake!! HA HA!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This LO is awesome Sarah! Did you cut those butterflies with your cricut! I so need on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this layout Sarah! Especially the pops of black and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete