Thursday, June 17, 2010

Simple decorative pins...

I love to make jewelry and have tons of beads and wire laying around. So one day I decided to make some of those fancy decorative pins that are sooo popular right now. I posted this super simple (and I mean simple!) tutorial as a make n' take over on the Simply Obsessed blog last December. Lately it has been getting a ton of hits everyday!! Who knew everyone would like a tutorial so simple? And the pics are terrible!! I put this together at midnight because I spent the day with my daughter in the immediate care center (long story - you can read the original post HERE).

So I decided to post this again for anyone who missed it! If you check the papers you can buy beads and pins for sooo cheap these literally cost only cents to make. And they take only a few minutes. Gotta love that!!! Have fun!

1. Gather your supplies-
You will need pins, beads of different colors and sizes, and a strong liquid adhesive like glossy accents or diamond glaze. I bought the pins and beads at a Joann's when they were 50% off.



2. Thread the beads on the pins in the desired arrangement.

4. On the bottom of the last bead add a little of the adhesive covering the entire opening of the bead and let dry.

5. These are different pins I made. You can embellish them with ribbons or other accents.

And here is a card I used one of the pins on.

Again sorry for the blurry pics!!!

3 comments: