Friday, February 4, 2011

A simple frame

Happy Friday! It is almost the weekend and I hope everyone has a great one planned. I have to do a little shopping. The regular household kind of shopping (we go through two BIG boxes of diapers A month) and for a new dress for Isabel's baptism. It is in a few weeks and I am getting nervous because I still have nothing to wear. My husband suggested wearing one of the 'many' dresses I already have in my closet, but obviously he has never had a baby because then he would know that none of that stuff fits and by the way, thanks for bringing it up.

Things are great here and we are enjoying spending time with our two wonderful girls. Here is a simple altered frame I made with the brand new Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker line "We are Family" that pretty much sums up exactly how I feel.

supplies: Nikki Sivils We are Family patterned paper, pocket full of stickers and burlap buttons.
 Other- white cardstock, frame, computer

I bought the frame at Michaels. It is actually a frame to hold a CD. I just the insert out that you would put the CD into and then cut white cardstock to fit. I measured the cardstock and then set the page settings in microsoft word to that size to print my journaling. I practiced on  white sheet of paper first though to make sure it would line up.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! So simple yet stunning. And I hear ya about nothing fitting after having kids, I hope you find a great dress to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! Congrats on being a GDT for the nook! So excited to see more of your work and get to know ya a little better! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete