Thursday, April 16, 2009

My DT Reveals

I just revealed the pages made with my DT kit from Scrap That! this week.

This month we were given papers and embellishments from Basic Grey's Marrakech line. I have to say the patterns are not really my style, but I have been inspired by them! It was nice to challenge myself with patterns and colors I usually don't use. Looking at all my layouts I always use stripes, polka dots, flowers or cutesy animals. And I always use pink! Always!
So here is what I came up with- My first page is titled "HUH?" I instantly thought of that title when I saw my DD's face in this picture. She has the funniest experessions! It cracks me up. When I posted it at Scrap That! someone made a comment that I had a cute little guy. They thought she was a boy! Boo! That's ok, I did use black and blue papers. Of course I had to put my own touch on the page by using some pink bling and pink polka dots. The polka dot paper is from the Sassafras Whale of a Tale paper pack. I love that pack. It is so fun. I love this layout. It may be my new favorite. It was pretty easy too. You gotta love that!
The journaling reads- "I talk to you all day long Frances, but you just look at me with this look on your face that says HUH mommy?"


My other DT reveal is "Wonder". I took this picture on a trip to Arizona in 2006 and for some reason the paper reminded me of it. My husband looked at it and said "This is morrocan paper, not southwestern." I know but I still thought of this picture. This is completely not my style so it took a lot of second guessing while I was putting it together. My favorite part is that brad flourish. I am definitely going to try one of those again! It didn't take as long as I thought to make it either. I stamped the brads with Stazon ink to match the paper. I think it gives the page a finished feel.



And Saturday I will be going to my monthly crop. So I will have lots of new goodies to post!

1 comment:

  1. I just LOOOOVE that mosaic page!! Great job with the kit!!

    ReplyDelete