Thursday, June 24, 2010

Simply Obsessed's July Kit

Simply Obsessed's July kit Hello Sunshine is here!!! I just love this kit!!! My favorite part is those cute, cute, cute Lily Bee rubons. I just couldn't resist using those on both of my layouts. I usually stay away from rubons, but these were just too perfect not to use. So here is my July Hello Sunshine reveal.

For my first layout  I cut some of the Lily Bee paper into strips. I wanted the big yellow rubon as my title, but it didn't show up very well on the patterned paper. So I cut a circle just a little bigger than the rubon, traced it on my paper and then cut out the circle. This left me a spot to place to my title!


I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this layout when I saw that "life with you" rubon. I cut out strips of the Lily Bee paper, punched them, stitched them and then adhered them to the blue cardstock from the kit that I trimmed to 10.5 inches. I journaled on the bottom all the adjectives that describe life with Frances. Exhausting and tiring are both on there- LOL! On the hand stitching I used yellow chalk to turn the white thread yellow so it matched my paper a little better.


And for my last project I made this little card. It is a 4 x 4 card. I added a button to the flower and inked two of the chipboard banner pieces to make leaves. Then see the red paper on top? I cut that out from the label strip on the bottom of Fancy Pants paper. I didn't want that to go to waste after I cut it off!!

I hope you enjoyed my Hello Sunshine Reveal. I love this kit!!! I have lots more paper and embellies to make more projects!!! This kit is SOLD OUT, but if you love it as much as I do you can contact Heather (simplyobsessed@yahoo.com) and she will order one for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment