Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom's Day, Paper, Doodling and Flowers, Oh My!

Happy Mother's Day Moms! It was my first mother's day and I have to say I can get used to this. My DH let me sleep in (I slept till 9:00, after I woke up at 6 to feed the girl), then he made me breakfast (bacon and pancakes) and then I opened presents. It was better than my bday! So after all the festivities I got dressed and changed Frances into her new adorable dress. Let's just say that didn't last long. I took a couple of pictures and then heard the dreaded diaper sounds that mean nothing good is about to happen and sure enough her dress was dirty :( I loved that dress so much! But no worries I found another cute dress and she looked equally adorable and we went out to lunch and she was wonderfully well behaved as always and I had my favorite dessert creme brulee and she took a long nap when we got home. Boy, for a four month old she really understands this mother's day thing! Here are some pictures from the day, then onto my new LO's.....

My special Mom's day flowers. Look at how the water turned purple. I thought that was so cool!

Frances in her "first" mom's day dress.

Frances in her "second" Mom's day dress. We just both woke up from our nap. Can you tell?

Now for the scrappy stuff! I have been seriously obsessed with pattern paper, doodling and flowers lately. I keep buying paper like I don't have any (ha ha) and doodling on everything. And I just found the Prima aisle of Michaels and bought like a zillion flowers. So that's what my LO's look like lately.

For this LO, I knew I wanted to use the title "Good Morning Sunshine" for these pictures and when I saw that cute MME transparency I knew that would be used for my title. It said "You are my Sunshine", but I just cut off the "You are my" part. I used this super cute paper from the GCD spring all over and Margarita lines. Don't you just love the flowers and suns? It is really shiny and glittery too. The paper looked really flat so I used a steak knife, yes that's right, a steak knife, to distress the edges. It worked so much better than my edge distresser. Just put the edge of the paper into one of the grooves and drag the paper. Really gives a nice frayed edge. Then I layered all my embellishments and used some rubons to finish off the title. And of course I had to add some doodling around the page (I actually did that first)!

My second LO "My New Friend" I created using sketch 18 from 52 weeks, 52 sketches. My Aunt bought this bear for Frances and I gave it to her and she held onto it! I say it like it is the most amazing thing, but for me it was because she never held onto a toy before. I just loved the way she was looking at it and smiling at it. She was "talking" to him too in her own Frances language.


To make the big circle I used one of my kitchen bowls to trace and then cut it out. See you don't need any fancy templates! To hide the cut lines I just distressed the edges a bit. I doodled around the whole page with that fun swirly design. I sketched it in pencil first, drew over it with my pen and then erased the lines. Great way to doodle because if you don't like how it looks just erase it! Then I cut up my sassafras paper and added some fun little ebmellishments to them. I used to be so afraid to cut up paper. I always worried I would make a mistake. Silly me. Now I just cut away and it is so much fun. I doodled with a white pen on the flowers and stitched a few. Then I layered them all with pop dots and added the finishing touches. This was a really fun LO to make. It makes me feel a little sad when I look at it though because it was just a month ago and Frances is so big now and holding onto all her toys. She is growing so fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment