Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mother's Day Card

Mother's day is this Sunday! Can you believe it? I am very excited as this is my first Mother's Day. My sister called and said since it was my first I could pick where we go for brunch. That's a lot of pressure!

So I was in the Mother's Day mood yesterday and thought I would make a cute little card for my mom. I used the scraps left over from DCWV Green Stack. That paper is so cute! I love all the little animals. Such fun paper.

I was sitting at the kitchen table making the card when my husband walked by and said,

"That's a cute card, can I have it?"
"Why?"- I said.
"So Frances and I can give it to you."- DH
"You are going to give me my own card?" - I asked
"Yeah and why don't you pick out a gift too."- DH
"Yeah, I don't think so."- I said

I kind of think he was serious about that too. At least the present part.

Anyway back to the card. I liked the design in the middle of this paper so I cut it out and used it on another LO. I had the little guy on the bottom left over and I didn't want to waste him.


I cut him out and used pop dots to adhere him (or her) to the cardstock. The flower didn't pop enough so I layered the three prima flowers and added a button to the middle. It was still missing something so I added the scallops, buttons and white doodling. The little MM stickers say "For You"



Have a great Mother's day all you mother's out there. You deserve it!

1 comment: