Monday, November 23, 2009

Scrap Tiffany's new challenge

There's a new challenge up at Scrap Tiffany for this week. The challenge is to scrap a favorite recipe.

Well I have a hard time scrapbooking non-people (dogs not included) so I decided to scrapbook our trip to the apple orchard, my favorite fall tradition.
We meet at my sister's house, eat lunch and then caravan over to the apple orchard. We pick our apples (of course we make time to eat some apple doughnuts too!) then caravan back to my sister's house and eat dinner and dessert (non-apple related). I make about 6 apple pies from the apples we pick and freeze them. Whenever we are in the mood for a pie I pop one in the oven and we have fresh apple pie all winter long. I have made apple pie with store bought apples and it just does not taste as good as it does with the apples we pick. Maybe it's freshness or maybe it's all in my head. I am not sure. I do know it is one of my favorite days all year long. I like it better than my birthday, better than Christmas, better than Halloween, or pretty much any other holiday. So maybe that's why those pies taste the so good. Whenever I eat them I am reminded of how lucky I am to have such a great family.
My family isn't big on the picture taking so I settled for using these pics of Baby Frances and me.

I used Bo Bunny Kitchen Spice for this LO. Isn't it the cutest? Sorry about the bad pic too. Not a lot of light around here lately. It doesn't help that I leave for work when it's dark and come home when it's dark too!

By the way you still a little time to leave me a comment to win the MM mistle toe goodies! I will be picking a winner tomorrow and posting it here. Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. this lo is divine - love those pics, too cute and the felt apple is awesome too :D

    ReplyDelete