Thursday, October 21, 2010

A few projects to share...

Good afternoon everyone! It is finally starting to feel like fall here and I am loving this great weather. Frances's new favorite activity is to go outside and step on leaves. Every day she says "Go outside, step on leaves, crunch, crunch, crunch..." So I think I know what the title of my next layout is going to be- "CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH". Here's the little one doing just that- crunching some leaves:

Do you notice the Crocs she's wearing? Well those are now her favorite shoes. She will only wear those shoes. If I try to put any other shoes on her she screams "NO, other shoes". So we spend a lot of time cleaning crunched up leaves out of them :)

And we spent the weekend at the pumpkin farm. I love this time of year! So much fun stuff to do!


Now on to my projects! I have three projects on the Nikki Sivils Blog today. I am so in love with her new lines!! My Friend Birdie is my favorite. I cannot stop using it. And of course I had to use Boo-tiful too because I am definitely in Halloween spirit. I can't wait to take Frances Trick or Treating. We have been practicing! She is pretty good at the Trick or Treat part, but then when I ask her what do you say when you get candy she says "Thank you Welcome". She doesn't quite get that she doesn't say both of them together!

My first project uses the "My Friend Birdie" line. I used the 12x12 paper, the scalloped paper, the 12x12 letter stickers, some burlap buttons, the pocket full of stickers and a courderoy brad. I cut the tree limb from the 12x12 cutie cut ups and then punched some hearts out of green cardstock and patterened paper for my leaves.

I used the name of the paper line as my sentiment for this card because it was just perfect for these little ghosts and hearts. I used papers from the 6x6 Boo-tiful mini pad to make the card and printed my sentiment on some of the scraps.

I used the cricut (the Mini Monsters Cartridge) to cut my card base for this one and then used the layer feature to cut paper from the 6x6 Boo-tiful mini pad. I adhered everything and then cut the bat and pumpkin from the scrap paper and adhere with foam tape. Some ribbon, a button and the chipboard letters made it complete!

I also made some cards for Bo Bunny using the Whoo-ligans line. I love the Whoo-ligans! Aren't these little guys cute! All the supplies are from the Whoo-ligans line including 12x12 paper, chipboard, stickers and the noteworthy journaling books. And I used some Tombow adhesive to put them together. That's the only adhesive I will use. I love the tape runners and buy the refills in bulk so I never run out!



Thanks for looking!!

2 comments:

  1. Great projects Sarah!! Your little girl is getting soooo big! I love how you use the Nikki Sivils papers, so creative! And cute cute cute cards with the bo bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy seeing your work, Sarah! Thanks so much for sharing (and for providing me some inspiration)! :)

    ReplyDelete