Monday, April 6, 2009

It's Monday!

Hello, hello, it's Monday and there is snow on the ground in Chicago! I woke up this morning and thought it was December. Pretty depressing for April. I spend the weekend at home with Ron and Frances. It was very relaxing. I made a few cards from my scrap bin. The one below is my favorite. So simple and cute. I hate giving it away!


I then decided I had to make a card for my Mom's bday. It was last week, but I won't see her until Easter. I thought here's a challenge- only make the card from what's out on the table. The ultimate use of your leftover scraps. Here is what I came up with:



I had all the cards I made sitting on the hutch in my kitchen like a display and I heard my husband say- "These cards you made are nice, but what's up with this crazy one?" I immediately knew which one he was talking about! I told him it was for my mom and he said- "ohhhh."

You see my mom likes everything I make. I could write happy birthday on a piece of paper and tell her it was a card I made and she would say "You made this? It's beautiful." So I am sure she will love the card ugliness and all.

Come on, even ugly cards need love every once in a while. Am I right?

1 comment:

  1. They are pretty cute, Sarah!! I love the little hedgehog!!!

    ReplyDelete