Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there. Seriously one day is not enough!!! This should be a repeating holiday throughout the year. My husband made me breakfast, gave me some flowers and candy and then watched Frances while I finished up a layout for the July issue of Scrapstreet.com magazine. I am so excited I was asked to be a guest designer for the month of July. I just finished my layout and sent it off. It will be published in the July issue.

I told my husband for Mother's Day I would like the new version of photoshop elements. I don't think that's what I am getting, but I can hope! I have been playing around with it lately (with help from the Jessica Sprage website) and there is so much you can do to your pics. Last night I practiced on this photo. Here is my orginal:


Here is the one I edited in photoshop:


I changed the color to a soft hue and blurred it a little, then added the frame mask. I read that the effect is a lot better with the newer version of photoshop, but I think this looks pretty good. I have a few pictures I took of Frances playing in the backyart I want to fix up next.

Here are two of Frances on our patio. Not sure why blogger uploaded the right on sideways??? Blogger is so weird sometimes! You can see her cute litte pink converse I just bought her. She looks soooo cute in them!


And this one is of her running away from me. I want to crop it, angle it, lighten the color and then put a mask frame around it.


Well thanks for stopping by. I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment