Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!

Just as it started to get warm here, the snow is coming! Chicago is forecasted to get 6-8 inches tomorrow. Typical Chicago spring.

I finally got pictures taken of the keepsake box I made for Frances. It was a box from the Gap that some clothes came in. I looked at it and thought I could do something with it.

I used the GCD studios paper. I love that paper! It was perfect for this box, because it wasn't two thin or two thick. And the texture is amazing. The box looks so much better in person. I used mod podge to adhere the paper and then covered the buttons and diecuts in diamond glaze to get them to stand out. I am not sure about the letters still. I will probably change those when I find something better.

My next project is to sew a fabric liner in the inside. I think I will sew something and sew her name on the frabic. The best way to adhere it is probably with Beacon fabric glue I am thinking. I will let you know how it works out.

I am going to put her hat, t-shirt and braclets from the hospital in it and then add stuff as I collect it.

Have a nice weekend. I will be here in all the snow! We are going to try to take Frances to see the Easter Bunny too.


1 comment: