Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Love the new paper out there!

Have you noticed that there is some great new paper out there? I have been to Michael's (a craft store near me, if you haven't heard of it) and used my 40% coupon every day of the week so far.

My family thinks I am crazy. I am always asking them for the coupons from the newspaper. The lady at the store knows me there now. I went one day last week with two coupons, a bit of a no no I guess and she said I could use only one a day. She let me use two that day, but said next time only one. So I go back when I am out doing errands and buy more paper!

So far I have bought 3 packs of GCD studios. If you haven't seen it yet you just don't know what you are missing. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS PAPER! It is thicker than patterned paper, but thinner than cardstock. Perfect for tearing and foldoing and whatever. And it is shiny and glittery and so, so cute. I used it to make a keepsake box for Frances which I will post later and two cute pages. I really like how the Sleepy Angel page turned out and this is one of my favorite photos of Frances. You can't see from the photo, but the paper has little flowers all over it. I thought they looked a little like snowflakes. All the paper on this layout is from the spring pack. The rest of the paper is so cute too. It has little tulips and flowers. I am going to dress Francse up in her little dresses and use the flower paper for those photos.
I then made a 10 minute card (I love 10 minute cards) with my scraps. I love the way this card turned out. I think it is so cute. I did all the circle stamping with the new Versamark Dazzle ink. You can't see in the picture, but the circles are shiny. Then I randomly stamped the little flower all over. Gotta love something that takes only 10 minutes! Oh and I used my new Fiskars border punch. I almost forgot about that.

The other paper I picked up with my coupon is the Hog Heaven pack by Sassafras Lass. OMG, it is so cute. There are all these little animals on it and some doodled clouds and rainbows. Adorable. I used it to make a layout of Frances on her first trip to the park. I put her in the swing and she just cried and cried. I love this picture because she looks so tiny and mad. I should have waited 2 more minutes to take her picture when she was SCREAMING. That would have been fitting for the layout.



And of course while the supplies are out you have to make the ten minute card. And this one only took me 5! It is so cute, I love it!


Oh yeah- And Frances is three months old today! Happy Birthday Frances!

No comments:

Post a Comment