Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My day...

Well I have some exciting news, but I can't tell you yet! You'll just have to check back later. I might not be able to post tomorrow though because my husband said I can't use the computer because he thinks we are going to get some April Fool's virus. I don't know. Maybe I'll go to the library and infect their computer.

So I was checking my email (that's when I got the exciting news) and Frances was sleeping in her swing next to me. I was typing away when I heard some noise coming from the ahem, diaper area, if you know what I mean. I thought maybe I should just leave it and finish my email. But then I thought I know I'm new to this mom stuff and I've only been doing it for three months, but that sounded serious. So being the good mom I am I left the computer and brought Frances to her changing table that is currently occupying the middle of my living room.

Ladies (and gentlemen?) we had what we like to call in the Eclavea household a LEVEL 3 emergency (a term I heard on the show Malcolm in the Middle that my husband and I now use to let the other know we need help with the diaper changing). So as I am cleaning the little girl up I decide your basic Costco brand wipes are not going to cut it and proceed to lift her off the table and carry her to the upstairs bathroom for a dip in the tub. As I am walking up the stairs (and she is laughing now) I feel something wet on my shirt. Oh yes, she peed on me. And since I was in mid stair climbing there was really nothing I could do about it. Did I mention I have only been doing this for THREE MONTHS?

The one thing I have learned as a mom is that you learn something new about being a mom everyday. So lesson #214: Never carry a baby upstairs without a diaper on (or anywhere else for that matter).

No comments:

Post a Comment