Monday, March 28, 2011

Days are long, Years are short

Hello, hello. I have two sick little girls here today. It is no fun being sick so I feel so bad for them. Especially little Isabel who can't even blow her tiny little nose! It is cold again so we are not missing much outside anyway.

I have a new layout to share that I created using some Jillibean Soup Pasta Fagioli. I had this idea for a while. Last summer I created a similar layout about all the words Frances mispronounces. I wanted to to do an updated version of all the funny things she says now almost a year later.

Here is the original in which I used Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker "My Friend Birdie" line. This is one of my all time favorite layouts.


Here is version two using the Jillibean Soup papers. I wanted to keep the same title and some of the same design elements. So on this layout I made the "YOU" in a bigger font as in the original, took the photo of Frances looking down at her, used two birds in the lower right corner and stitched on my three hearts. I also created a border using the journaling sprouts and tied a bow around the bottom like my original layout. Although in my original the border is a little smaller.


I can't believe how fast my little girl is growing up! I am reading the book "The Happiness Project" and in the book the author says- "Days are long, but years are short." That is so true. As these long winter days drag on and on 2 1/2 years have passed in a heartbeat. I can't imagine my little girls not hanging off my legs anymore, but it will be here sooner than I would like. I have used this reason to put off doing laundry, the dishes, cleaning up toys and I think that is ok. I have take all the time I can get with them.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Great layouts, I love the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun layouts!! Those are the layouts you will love to re-read over and over as they grow. And hope your littles get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete